Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Personal Post #4

no chin

So two days ago, I tried to host a Minecraft server. Tried. I got a domain name and linked my IP to it so people can connect to my server. On my side, I hosted the server on a port (25565) and forwarded it so it would redirect everyone to my local IP or in this case, my server. So it should work fine, right? Well, it redirected fine, but it said "Connection refused: no further information" which led me to believe my modem was blocking outside connections. I wasn't quite sure about that, because I looked and it didn't seem to be blocking anything, so I did a bit of research and found out that the Windows Firewall was the issue, so I disabled that and guess what? "Connection refused: no further information". So I decided to use my public IP instead. Still, "Connection refused: no further information." It wasn't until I used my local IP that it finally worked, leading me to believe that either a firewall is blocking outside connections, or I didn't configure the server properly. Either way, I won't release the domain name until I get the server running. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment